Prince George’s County COVID-19 Vaccination Update
Dear Prince Georgians:
- As we continue to see an increase in vaccination rates, I am proud to announce 81% of our seniors ages 65 – 84 have been vaccinated, followed by 77% of seniors ages 85 and older, 72% of residents ages 60 – 64, over two-thirds of residents ages 50 – 59, 60% of residents ages 40 – 49, 50% of residents ages 30 – 39, 44% of residents ages 20 – 29, and 30% of residents ages 12 – 19.
- In addition, the total number of Hispanic residents receiving at least 1 dose of the COVD-19 vaccine has now surpassed all other ethnicities in the County except for Black/African American residents.
- The Six Flags mass-vaccination site will close operations on July 17. A limited number of no-appointment, drive-thru vaccinations are still available for residents ages 12+.
- Finally, as a reminder, appointments are no longer necessary at all COVID-19 vaccine clinics operated by the County Health Department. Individuals who live or work in the County can walk up to County Health Department vaccination clinics with no appointment needed, or book an appointment in advance online at mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine.
Yours in Service,
Prince George’s County Executive
Vaccine Supply & Administration
- The County Health Department has provided over 153,000 vaccinations, including over 3,400 last week. We have provided over 1,200 vaccinations this week through June 3.
- Over 300 first doses and 800 second doses have been provided as of June 3.
- To date, the County has received 199,099 vaccines, and has administered 153,535 of those doses (approximately 77.1%). This metric (percentage of vaccine administered) changes day to day as new vaccine shipments come in and the number of second dose vaccines waiting to be given are administered in the days ahead.
While the County Health Department currently operates two vaccination clinics in the County, in addition to three mobile vaccination units, there are a number of vaccination sites available in Prince George’s County that are not operated by the County. Please remember that we do not manage nor control appointments, or distribution for any sites besides those operated by our County Health Department.
Prince George’s County Health Department
- Locations: Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex, Sports & Learning Complex, and Mobile Vaccination Units.
- Appointments: Individuals who live or work in Prince George’s County should visit mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine to view clinic hours or schedule an appointment directly. Individuals who cannot schedule an appointment online on their own should call 311 and press # for assistance.
Six Flags America Theme Park & Other State Vaccination Sites (Not County-Operated)
- Appointments: Visit covidvax.maryland.gov to schedule an appointment. Vaccinations are available for ages 12+.
- Individuals can also call the Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829) to schedule vaccine appointments at mass vaccination sites.
- Drive-ups Welcome:
- A limited number of drive-thru, no-appointment vaccinations are available at the Six Flags mass vaccination site, Monday – Saturday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Additional Non-County Operated Sites
- Please use our County Vaccine Locator to find additional vaccination sites operated by pharmacies, hospitals and other healthcare partners.
Progress Toward Vaccination Goals
- Over 748,000 vaccines have been provided to County residents. 446,983 County residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine, and 370,642 residents are fully vaccinated.
- There are an estimated 707,865 adult residents in the County (ages 18 and older).
- Our goal is to have 460,112 residents 18 and older vaccinated by this summer, or 65% of this population and 80% by this fall.
- We are now at 92.7% of our summer goal for adults.
- When including all residents ages 12 and older, 57.5% of residents have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Stay updated with the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine using the following tools:
The COVID-19 Data Dashboard: Stay informed of the progress the County is making with vaccine distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions: Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
Communications Toolkit: Help us spread the word about COVID-19 vaccines to family and friends so we can ensure every Prince Georgian is Proud to be Protected.