The Edmonston Police Department is seeking men and women that exhibit good character, sound judgment, honesty, reliability, and integrity with a philosophy for community oriented policing and a desire to serve the interests of the residents of the Town of Edmonston. Starting salary is $44,900 with an excellent benefit package including enrollment in Maryland State Retirement Defined Pension Plan, and a take-home vehicle.
Typical Duties of a Police Officer
- Responding to calls for service,
- Maintaining order in an assigned patrol area,
- Enforcing criminal and traffic laws mandated and authorized by State and local laws, ordinances and codes,
- Report writing,
- Courtroom presentations,
- Problem solving,
- Providing a safe and comfortable residential environment and effective service to the residents of the Town of Edmonston.
Shift work is required as well as working holidays and weekends.
As a public safety employee, you may be required to work overtime and be on call .
- U.S. Citizen
- High School Graduate
- 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Reasons for Disqualification
- Poor work history – terminated from previous law enforcement agency and various other issues,
- Poor driving record
- Felony conviction
- Illegal drug use, purchase, sale, or distribution
- Falsification of any application documents
- Inability to complete any of the component parts of the selection process
- Any other disqualifying factor as determined by the Chief of Police or designee
We are currently only looking for candidates possessing current police officer certification from the Maryland Police Training Commission.
The Town of Edmonston is an Equal Opportunity Employer without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, political or union affiliation.