Public Area Maintenance & Snow Removal
The Department of Public Works is responsible for general maintenance of the town’s public areas. Additionally, during inclement weather, the DPW handles snow removal within the town.
Contact the Public Works Department
Call 301-699-8806 or email email@example.com
Residential Trash Pick-up
Residential trash pickup is contracted to Bates Refuse Removal.
- Monday-Yard Waste
- Tuesday and Friday- Trash collection
- Wednesday-Bulk Trash (Must call Bates directly on Tuesday to schedule for a Wednesday pickup)
Bulk Trash Pick-up
Bulk Trash Pick-up must be scheduled by phone.
Call Bates Refuse Removal at 301-773-2069 to schedule a bulk trash pick-up.
Yard Waste Collection
Bates Trucking collects yard waste on Mondays.
What is considered yard waste?
Most organic materials found in yards is considered yard waste, including:
- Grass clippings
- Tree limbs
- Live holiday trees
- Prunings from trees and bushes
- …And more
How to Prepare Yard Waste
- Place yard waste in biodegradable brown paper bags or bundle it with biodegradable twine in easy-to-handle bundles.
- Bundles may be no longer than 5 feet in length.
- Bundles may not weigh more than 30 pounds each.
- Bundles may not exceed 6 inches in diameter.
- Once prepared, yard waste must be placed at the curb on scheduled pick up day before 6:30 am.
- An unlimited number of bags or bundles may be placed at the curb.
Call Bates Refuse Removal at 301-773-2069