Request a Reservation
Choose an available date and complete and submit the form below to request a Rec Center reservation.
To confirm your reservation, complete the rental forms and return with your payment to Town Hall to confirm the actual date. Your reservation isn’t confirmed until payment has been received by a staffer at Town Hall.
Edmonston Recreation Building Rental Policy
Edmonston Recreation Building, also called the Edmonston Rec. Center (“the Rec. Center”), is a suitable site for birthday parties, bridal showers, and other family or community events.
- The Rec. Center is reserved for the entire day. Set up and Clean up must occur the same day of rental. Generally, 10 tables and 50 chairs are available for use in the Rec. Center; however, this is not guaranteed. It is up to the renter to provide set-up and take-down of tables and chairs. The maximum capacity for the building of 75 is provided by the Fire Marshal and is not to be exceeded.
- All rentals are made through the Town of Edmonston and must be paid in full to confirm your reservation. The forms of payments are credit/debit card, money order – NO CHECKS OR CASH. Rental fee is $150.00 for Town residents, $250.00 for non-residents.
- A $150.00 deposit to cover security requirements, building upkeep, and key pickup/return must be paid when the key is picked up. The deposit does not apply toward the rental fee. If there is any damage to the Rec. Center or other Town property resulting from the event, the Town may retain the deposit to help defray the costs of repair/replacement. The permittee is responsible for any and all damages to Town property resulting from the event. Nothing herein shall limit the Town in seeking payment of any losses due to such damage.
- Permittee must be a Prince George’s or Montgomery County resident, and over 21 years old to reserve a site.
Rules / Regulations
- Complete setup and cleanup shall take place on the day of rental. All events, including clean up, shall end by 1:00 a.m.
- Applicant will be held responsible for the conduct of all attendees of the event and any damages incurred during or as a result of the event.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on any of the premises during events open to the public, unless a permit has been obtained from Prince George’s County Board of License Commissioners. For events open to the public and providing alcohol, permittee must pay for the services of one off duty police officer chosen by the Town at the rate set by the Town.
- No Smoking is allowed in the building.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Rec. Center.
- Building is equipped with a mop and broom. If missing upon inspection, a fee of $25.00 will be charged against the deposit.
- Persons using any of the facilities of the Rec. Center or adjacent picnic area without reservations must surrender same, at once, to anyone presenting an official Town Receipt.
- Permittee shall not charge or accept an admission fee for the event, and may not sell any merchandise, article or thing at the event, nor practice, carry on, conduct or solicit any type of business what so ever, including fund raising.
- Music and bands will be allowed inside the Rec. Center until 10:00 p.m. Loud music, amplification, and/or excessive noise are prohibited on all outside grounds, or any area where the peace can be disturbed.
- Decorations, tacks, tape, and staples must be removed following the event or deposit will be forfeited.
- All items must be removed same day or deposit will be forfeited and items confiscated.
- Permittee must lock the Rec. Center building when leaving and extinguish fires in the outside grills.
- Caterers and other food providers shall be properly licensed.