- This event has passed.
Town Council Meeting Via Teleconference
June 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Via Teleconference Zoom:
Call In Number 301 715-8592
Meeting ID: 841 7796 0049
Mayor Tracy Gant
Ward 1 Council Member Sophia Layne
Ward 1 Council Member Selita Bennett-White
Ward 2 Council Member John Johnson
Ward 2 Council Member Sarah Turberville
Town Administrator Rod Barnes
Town Clerk Averi Gray
Police Chief Demetrious Harris
Town Attorney Suellen Ferguson
7:00 P.M. Call to Order – Mayor Gant
Pledge of Allegiance/Moment of Silence
Approval of Agenda
- The final consideration of ordinance 2020-OR-05 amending the FY19-20 annual budget.
- The consideration of approval of the following minutes:
- Regular Council Meeting minutes from May 13, 2020 council meeting.
- Closed Session Meeting minutes from May 13, 2020 council meeting.
- The consideration of a resolution of support for the “Black Lives Matters”.
- The consideration of the appointment of Marie Jackson to replace Freida Parks on the Board of Elections as an election judge for Ward 1 and the appointment of Byron Hope, Ward 1 as an alternate election judge.
- The consideration of award of bid for the construction of rain gardens and permeable curb and gutter on Ingraham Street to the low bidder, E&R Services Inc. in the amount of $90,472. (Prince George’s County Stormwater Stewardship Award program/Chesapeake Bay Trust grant in the amount of $169,530.
- The consideration to move the July Town Council Regular Meeting from July 8 to July 15 to accommodate the election results.
Police Chief Report (Police and Code Enforcement)
Closed Session – to discuss the appointment, employment, assignment, promotion, discipline, demotion, compensation, removal, resignation, or performance evaluation of appointees, employees, or officials over whom this public body has jurisdiction; or any other personnel matter that affects one or more specific individuals and/or to consult with counsel to obtain legal advice on a legal matter.