- This event has passed.
Town Council Regular Session
November 13 @ 7:00 pm
Mayor Tracy Gant
Ward 1 Council Member Sophia Layne
Ward 1 Council Member Selita Bennett-White
Ward 2 Council Member John Johnson
Ward 2 Council Member Sarah Turberville
Town Administrator Rod Barnes
Town Clerk Averi Gray
Captain Billy Sullivan
Town Attorney, Suellen Ferguson
- 7:00 P.M. Call to Order – Mayor Gant
- Pledge of Allegiance/Moment of Silence
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment
- Special Presentations
- Thank you from Edwin Perez on behalf of the dance group Danza de Tecuanes de Riverdale.
- The presentation of the Veterans Day Fundraiser check to the Bladensburg JROTC. (Colonel Peterson)
- Public Hearing
- Old Business
- The consideration of final approval for Ordinance 2019-OR-06, the “Welcoming Town” ordinance.
- The consideration of Resolution 2019-R-04 designating the 5100-5200 Blocks of Crittenden Street as permit parking.
- The consideration of final approval for Ordinance 2019-OR-07 updating the Personnel Policy and Procedures Manual Section 2-1 General Employee Conduct (f) Hours of Work.
- New Business
- The consideration of approval of the following minutes:
- Work Session, October 9, 2019
- Regular Council Meeting, October 9, 2019
- The consideration of contract of employment with Police Chief candidate.
- The consideration of designating 10 parking spaces on Lafayette Place for the Edmonston Collective.
- Police Report (Captain Sullivan)
- Code Report (Town Administrator Barnes)
- Council Dialogue
- Closed Session – to discuss the appointment, employment, assignment, promotion, discipline, demotion, compensation, removal, resignation, or performance evaluation of appointees, employees, or officials over whom this public body has jurisdiction; or any other personnel matter that affects one or more specific individuals and/or to consult with counsel to obtain legal advice on a legal matter.
November 11, Veteran’s Day Holiday, Town Offices Closed
November 11, Veteran’s Day Pancake Feed, 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m., Edmonston Rec. Center.
November 13, Town Council Work Session/Town Council Regular Session, 5:30 p.m., Town Hall.
November 15, PGCMA Joint Montgomery/PGC County, 6:15 p.m., Takoma Park Town Hall
November 20, Green Team Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Edmonston Town Hall
November 25, Turkey Basket Distribution
November 28-29, Thanksgiving Holiday, Town Offices Closed
December 5, PGCMA Legislative Dinner, 6:00 p.m. Martin’s Crosswinds
December 7, Annual Volunteer Appreciation Reception/Holiday Tree
Lighting, 5:30 p.m. Town Hall/Veteran’s Park
December 9-20, Annual Holiday Yard Decorating Contest
December 11, Town Council Work Session/Town Council Regular Session, 5:30 p.m., Town Hall.
December 13, Holiday Town Party, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., Rec Center
December 19, Adopt A Child Christmas Program, 6:30 p.m., Rec Center
December 24, Christmas Eve, Offices close at Noon
December 25, Christmas Holiday, Offices Closed
December 31, New Year’s Eve, Offices close at Noon
January 1, New Year’s Day Holiday, Offices Closed