- This event has passed.
Town Council Work Session
January 15 @ 5:30 pm
Mayor Tracy Gant
Ward 1 Council Member Sophia Layne
Ward 1 Council Member Selita Bennett-White
Ward 2 Council Member John Johnson
Ward 2 Council Member Sarah Turberville
Town Administrator Rod Barnes
Town Clerk Averi Gray
Police Chief Demetrious Harris
- 5:30 PM. Call to Order – Mayor Gant
- Discussion about leasing space on 46th Avenue for a public parking lot. (Scott Cohen Property)
- Construction of an office in the Council chambers for the Code Officer.
- Receipt of a $9,600 Grant from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention for Police Recruitment and Retention.
- Review Agenda
- The consideration of approval of the Closed Session minutes from the November 13 work session and the regular Council Meeting minutes from December 11, 2019
- The consideration of approval of the job description for the Administrative Manager position (former Police Clerk position).
- The introduction of Ordinance 2020-OR-01 amending Chapter 34 (Elections ) of the Edmonston Town Code.
- Closed Session – to discuss the appointment, employment, assignment, promotion, discipline, demotion, compensation, removal, resignation, or performance evaluation of appointees, employees, or officials over whom this public body has jurisdiction; or any other personnel matter that affects one or more specific individuals and/or to
January 16, PGCMA Monthly Meeting, 6:30 p.m., Mount Rainier Police Station
3249 Rhode Island Ave., Mount Rainier, MD 20712
January 20, Offices Closed for Martin Luther King Holiday
January 29, Port Towns Quarterly Meeting, 6:30 p.m. Bladensburg Town Hall
January 31, Casino Night, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Rec Center
February 12, Town Council Work Session, 5:30 p.m. Regular Town Council Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
February 19, Green Team Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
February 20, PGCMA Monthly Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
February, TBA, Black History Prayer Brunch Event, Rec Center
March 3, Town Council Budget Workshop, 5:30 p.m., Edmonston Town Hall
March 10, Town Council Budget Workshop, 5:30 p.m., Edmonston Town Hall
March 11, Town Council Work Session, 5:30 p.m. Regular Town Council Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
March 18, Green Team Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
March 19, PGCMA Monthly Meeting, 6:30 p.m.