Prince George’s County COVID-19 Vaccination Update
Dear Prince Georgians:
- Our COVID-19 vaccine rollout is going well, with over 450,000 Prince Georgians fully vaccinated. Help us fight the spread of COVID-19 by getting vaccinated and encouraging friends and family to do the same. Visit mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine to learn more.
- The County’s COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex is no longer offering vaccinations. All patients with appointments dates after July 16, 2021, will be sent to the Sports and Learning Complex for vaccinations for the same day and time. Appointments are not necessary at the Sports and Learning Complex vaccination clinic or at the County’s mobile vaccination clinics. Please visit mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine for more information about permanent and mobile vaccination clinics across the County.
Yours in Service,
Prince George’s County Executive
Vaccine Supply & Administration
- The County Health Department has provided over 163,000 vaccinations, including over 1,300 the week of July 12. We provided approximately 400 vaccinations last week through July 22.
- Last week, 214 first doses and 181 second doses were provided as of July 22.
- As of July 23, the County has received 197,879 vaccines and has administered 159,620 of those doses (approximately 82.0%). This metric (percentage of vaccine administered) changes day to day as new vaccine shipments come in and the number of second dose vaccines waiting to be given are administered.
While the County Health Department now operates only one standing vaccination clinic in the County, in addition to three mobile vaccination units, there are a number of vaccination sites available in Prince George’s County that are not operated by the County. Please remember that we do not manage nor control appointments or distribution for any sites besides those operated by our County Health Department.
Prince George’s County Health Department
- Locations: The Sports & Learning Complex and Mobile Vaccination Units.
- Appointments: Individuals who live or work in Prince George’s County should visit mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine to view clinic hours or schedule an appointment directly. Individuals who cannot schedule an appointment online on their own should call 311 and press # for assistance.
Additional Non-County Operated Sites
- Please use our County Vaccine Locator to find additional vaccination sites operated by pharmacies, hospitals, and other healthcare partners.
Progress Toward Vaccination Goals
- Over 878,000 vaccines have been provided to County residents. 504,403 County residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine, and 451,657 residents are fully vaccinated.
- There are an estimated 707,865 adult residents in the County (ages 18 and older).
- We have met our July goal for 65% of this population to have at least one vaccination.
- As of July 22, the CDC has reported 72.0% of adults 18 and older have received at least one vaccination.
- When including all residents ages 12 and older, 70.2% of residents have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the CDC. Our goal was to vaccinate 65% of residents ages 12 and older by the end of August. We surpassed that goal on July 22, 2021.
Stay updated with the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine using the following tools:
The COVID-19 Data Dashboard: Stay informed of the progress the County is making with vaccine distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions: Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
Communications Toolkit: Help us spread the word about COVID-19 vaccines to family and friends so we can ensure every Prince Georgian is Proud to be Protected.