Parks and Rec Cares
The Parks and Rec Cares donation drive began on December 20, 2021, and will go through January 13, 2022, at the 10 locations listed below during their regular operating hours. We will begin accepting donated essential baby items. You can simply drop off items at any of the locations listed below during their operating times! Donations will go to the Prince George’s Child Resource Center to support its mission to create healthy and nurturing environments for children.
- Portable bassinets (for small spaces)
- Safety childproofing equipment (for drawers, doorknobs, etc.)
- Pack ‘n Plays
- Baby gates
- Seasonal Outerwear (such as coats, jackets, and/or snowsuits)
PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting car seats
- Bowie Community Center
- 3209 Stonybrook Drive, Bowie 20715
- Deerfield Community Center
- 13000 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel 20708
- Glenarden Community Center
- 8615 McLain Avenue, Glenarden 20706
- Glenn Dale Community Center
- 11901 Glenn Dale Boulevard (Route 193), Glenn Dale 20769
- Largo/Kettering/Perrywood Community Center
- 431 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro 20774
- Prince George’s Plaza Community Center
- 66000 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville 20782
- Southern Area Aquatics & Recreation Complex
- 13601 Missouri Avenue, Brandywine 20613
- Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex
- 7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington 20744
- Tucker Road Community Center
- 1771 Tucker Road, Fort Washington 20744
- Westphalia Community Center
- 8900 Westphalia Road, Upper Marlboro 20774
Nature Quest Art Contest
Explore your back yard, a local park or other outdoor environment. Tell your nature story by drawing, painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, recycled art, or through poetry.
Select & winning artwork will be featured in an art exhibition at the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex from December 1, 2021, to January 2, 2022 and at the College Park Community Center from January 8-29, 2022.
Festival of Lights
Friday, November 26, 2021 – Sunday, January 2, 2022
Nightly from 5 to 9:30 pm
Make a difference this season! Please bring canned goods for donation to local Food Banks.
Watkins Regional Park – New Entrance this Year!
- To Enter: Please enter along RT. 202/Largo Road. (NO ENTRY ACCESS ON RT. 193. YOU WILL CONTINUE TO RT. 202).
- Entrance Location: Across the street from Riverdale Baptist School, 1133 Largo Rd., Upper Marlboro 20774
- Phone: 301-699-2456; Maryland Relay 7-1-1 for customers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability.
Peace Cross Commemorative Brick
Download the Healthy Happenings Newsletter (PDF 4 MB)