Dear Prince Georgians:
- Due to a continued decline in COVID-19 metrics and increasing vaccination rates, Prince George’s County will follow CDC guidance and lift the mask mandate today, May 28, at 5:00 PM. Masks are still required on public transportation and in schools, child care settings and health care settings. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask until they are fully vaccinated, and are encouraged to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- Appointments are no longer necessary at all COVID-19 vaccine clinics operated by the County Health Department. Individuals who live or work in the County can walk up to County Health Department vaccination clinics with no appointment needed, or book an appointment in advance online at mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine.
- As a reminder, the County Health Department is demobilizing COVID-19 vaccination operations at the Laurel-Beltsville Senior Activity Center today, May 28. Both the Wayne K. Curry Sports and Learning Complex and Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex will continue vaccinating people 12 and older who live or work in the County, as well as the County’s three mobile vaccination units.
- The FEMA Vaccination Center at Greenbelt Metro will close vaccine operations on June 1. The site will continue normal operating hours through Memorial Day weekend from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and will remain open on Monday, May 31, and Tuesday, June 1, from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The site is providing the Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccinations for individuals 18 years and older. Walk-ins are welcome.
Yours in Service,
Prince George’s County Executive
Vaccine Supply & Administration
- The County Health Department has provided over 151,000 vaccinations, including over 4,800 last week. We have provided over 2,600 vaccinations this week through May 27.
- Over 800 first doses and 1,700 second doses have been provided as of May 27.
- To date, the County has received 195,123 vaccines, and has administered 151,477 of those doses (approximately 77.6%). This metric (percentage of vaccine administered) changes day to day as new vaccine shipments come in and the number of second dose vaccines waiting to be given are administered in the days ahead.
While the County Health Department currently operates two vaccination clinics in the County, in addition to three mobile vaccination units, there are a number of vaccination sites available in Prince George’s County that are not operated by the County. We encourage you to sign up at these other sites to increase your options to receive a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
Please remember that we do not manage nor control appointments, or distribution for any sites besides those operated by our County Health Department.
Prince George’s County Health Department
- Locations: Southern Regional Technology & Recreation Complex, Sports & Learning Complex, and Mobile Vaccination Units.
- Appointments: Individuals who live or work in Prince George’s County should visit mypgc.us/COVIDVaccine to schedule an appointment directly. Individuals who cannot schedule an appointment online on their own should call 311 and press # for assistance.
Greenbelt Metro Station (Not County-Operated)
- Appointments: Sign up for appointments by visiting covidvax.maryland.gov and select Greenbelt Metro Station as a preferred site.This site is currently only offering Johnson & Johnson vaccines for first dose appointments.
- Individuals can also call the Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829) to schedule a vaccine appointment.
- Walk-ups Welcome:
- Friday – Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Monday – Tuesday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Location: 5717 Greenbelt Metro Drive, Greenbelt, MD
Six Flags America Theme Park & Other State Vaccination Sites (Not County-Operated)
- Appointments: State operated mass vaccination sites no longer require pre-registration. Visit covidvax.maryland.gov to schedule an appointment. Vaccinations are available for ages 12+.
- Individuals can also call the Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center at 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829) to schedule vaccine appointments at mass vaccination sites.
- Drive-ups Welcome:
- A limited number of drive-thru, no-appointment vaccinations are available at the Six Flags mass vaccination site, Monday – Saturday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Additional Non-County Operated Sites
- Please use our County Vaccine Locator to find additional vaccination sites operated by pharmacies, hospitals and other healthcare partners.
Progress Toward Vaccination Goals
- Over 720,000 vaccines have been provided to County residents. 431,791 County residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine, and 335,165 residents are fully vaccinated.
- There are an estimated 707,865 adult residents in the County (ages 18 and older).
- Our goal is to have 460,112 residents 18 and older vaccinated by this summer, or 65% of this population and 80% by this fall.
- We are now at 90.1% of our summer goal for adults.
- When including all residents ages 12 and older, 55.6% of residents have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Stay updated with the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine using the following tools:
The COVID-19 Data Dashboard: Stay informed of the progress the County is making with vaccine distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions: Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
Communications Toolkit: Help us spread the word about COVID-19 vaccines to family and friends so we can ensure every Prince Georgian is Proud to be Protected.