The Edmonston Police Department is a modern law enforcement agency charged with the responsibility of providing immediate response to all calls for service within the jurisdictional boundaries of the town, and when requested, to provide law enforcement services to neighboring agencies through a variety of mutual aid and manpower-sharing agreements.
The mission for the Edmonston Police Department is to enhance the quality of life for every citizen by working in partnership with the community to enforce the law, preserve peace, reduce fear, and maintain order.
The Edmonston Police Department will continue to grow, adapt and evolve as we provide the highest level of service and protection to our residents. With this vision in mind, we will provide our officers and employees with the knowledge, tools and opportunities to meet and exceed all present and future needs of the town. We will work to unlock the extraordinary attributes and leadership skills in every officer in our department.
“Growing other leaders from the ranks isn’t just the duty of the leader, it’s an obligation.” –Warren Bennis
Statement of Values
These are our fundamental beliefs from which our agency sets policy, delivers services and implements programs. Values set standards for our members in executing their public safety duties. These values will not only guide our actions but set a standard of expectation for our officers.
- Our highest priority is the protection of our city. There is no more important priority to the Edmonston Police Department than protection of its citizens. Our highest priority will always be, the protection of human life. In violent situations, we are committed to using all reasonable means to prevent and deter crime.
- We believe that while crime prevention is our principal goal, we should pursue those who commit serious crimes. We will pursue those who commit crimes. The Department’s primary goal must be crime prevention with the understanding that we will react and pursue the arrest and prosecution of criminals in our city. Continued zealous enforcement is an important deterrent to serious crimes.
- We treat members of the public with respect and dignity. We maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all actions. We will treat members of the community with respect and will maintain excellence in all that we do. All those that we serve, will be treated in a courteous, compassionate and professional manner. The integrity of the Edmonston Police Department will not be compromised.
- We maintain open communication with all of the citizens we serve. We recognize the continued need to collaborate with the public in order to effectively reduce crime in our town. We also recognize that the work we do is only effective with continued involvement from our community. We will strive to increase public understanding of law enforcement and will ensure that our priorities coincide with the community’s expectation of us
For more information, see our Police Policy Manual.
Contact the Police Department
(301) 699-8805 Administrative
(301) 352-1200 Non-emergency Dispatch
Edmonston, MD 20781
Edmonston Police Department Programs, Services, and Information