How to get tested
- First, call your physician and get recommended.
- If you do not have health insurance, you can sign up through Maryland Health Connection, the state’s Obamacare portal, through April 15 as part of a special enrollment period due to coronavirus. https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov.
Drive-thru testing locations in Prince George’s County
- Hyattsville: 7401 Jefferson Avenue
- Beltsville: 11760 Baltimore Avenue
- Upper Marlboro: 10251 Central Avenue
- Clinton: 7213 Old Alexandria Ferry Road
Cases (as of this morning)
- 31 cases in Prince George’s County
- 149 cases in Maryland as a whole
- Closing schools
- Avoiding bars, restaurants, and groups of more than 10 people
Coronavirus stimulus plan
- The federal government is considering the biggest bailout in modern history.
- The president proposed a $1 trillion plan, including $500 billion for two waves of checks to individuals and another $500 billion for small and large businesses.
- There is a U.S. Senate proposal that includes corporate tax cuts and checks for Americans.
Evictions and utilities
- Evictions and essential utility service shut-offs are prohibited. That includes electric, gas, water, sewage, cable, internet and phone lines. No cut-offs. No late fees.
- The governor said he wanted closed hospitals to reopen to help increase capacity by 6,000 beds. He later said that may not be needed for the coronavirus fight.
State ordered closures
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Entertainment venues
- It is postponed until September.
Beer and wine
- Restaurants can now sell both for carryout and delivery.
The studio’s movies in theaters will be offered for in-home rental. Here are the ones that just became available today:
- The Hunt (https://youtu.be/sowGYbxTPgU)
- The Invisible Man (https://youtu.be/WO_FJdiY9dA)
- Emma (https://youtu.be/qsOwj0PR5Sk)
Flatten the Curve
This is an extremely serious moment in all of our individual lives. Please be hyper vigilant regarding COVID-19. We all have to do our part to help flatten the curve.