Frequently Asked Questions/New to the Community?
New Residents Resources
Welcome to the Town of Edmonston! This town is a friendly community with about 1500 residents, we are located 2.5 miles away from Washington, D.C. We compiled a list of resources to help you settle in here.
News and Events
Stay up to date on the latest news and events happening
(Metro and Bus Stations & Routes)
Nearby Bus Stops:
Kenilworth Ave + Decatur ST
Edmonston RD + Decatur ST
- WMATA (Metro and Metrobus)
Public Works/Trash Collection Information
Public Area Maintenance and Snow Removal
Contact Public Works Department
Call (301) 699-8806
Residential Trash Pick-Up
Residential trash pickup is contracted to Bates Refuse Removal (see details below*)
|Yard waste||Trash collection||Bulk trash||Recycling|
Bulk Trash Pickup
- MUST be scheduled by phone.
Call Bates Refuse Removal on a Tuesday at 301-773-2069 to schedule a Wednesday bulk trash pick-up.
Not sure what is considered yard waste? Click Here – https://edmonstonmd.gov/departments-services/public-works/
Community Contact Numbers – https://edmonstonmd.gov/contact/community-contact-numbers/
Business Directory – https://edmonstonmd.gov/about-edmonston/business-directory/
Things to Do
- Visit the Go Kart Track for family friendly fun.
- Take a visit to Eco City Farms, the first farm in edmonston that became the base of programs and projects. They grow fruits and vegetable all year long in an ecofriendly way.
- Take a walk, ride your bike or jog down the Anacostia River trails.
For more things to do click on the link below
Covid 19 Updates and Resources
Sign up for email updates!